What is Lead Funnel?
To run successfully, businesses need leads who can convert into a paying customer. But getting on to a valued pool of customers who end up buying your healthcare products is the challenging part. Your sales and marketing efforts have to be strategically targeted towards attracting new customers and nurturing relationships.
Much like a sales funnel, a lead generation funnel refers to the series of steps that using which a brand turns customer awareness into conversions and sales. It is through this lead funnel that marketing and sales team has to lead prospects into becoming a customer at the end of the funnel.
Did You Know?
Around 68% of companies have either not identified or ever attempted to measure a sales funnel, whereas 79% of marketing leads go waste without being converted. This is because businesses lack an effective lead generation funnel that can generate quality leads and convert into sales is essential. (Source: Salesforce)
Stages of Lead Funnel
ToFu: Top of the Funnel
The stage to spread awareness, engage with the audience, and attract potential leads.
MoFu: Middle of the Funnel
The stage to nurture customer relationships and guide prospects through the buyer journey.
BoFu: Bottom of the Funnel
The stage to convince the buyer that your brand is the right one and close the deal.
6-steps Craft Your Lead Generation Funnel
- Plan on how you can reach leads, nurture relationship, and close sales within the funnel.
- Outline your targets and plan on how to capture their attention.
- Build a content strategy and conversion strategy that aligns with the buyer’s persona.
- Create informative and educational content to establish credibility.
- Prepare content map to guide leads throughout the leads funnel.
- Leverage content channels that audience prefer to maximize customer education efforts.
- Collect customer data and valuable insights from various channels.
- Use interactive content to capture leads across multiple funnel touchpoints.
- Include CTAs into content and turn it into an asset for lead generation.
- Align marketing and sales team to check lead quality.
- Make efforts to know if the leads are sales-ready or not.
- Act decisively after thoroughly undertaking the lead qualification process.
- Implement a lead nurturing system and lead scoring model to identify the right buyer.
- Make use of marketing automation in your lead cultivation process.
- Assess leads to check if they fit into your customer profile expectations.
- Ask the sales team to check lead engagement history and plan their conversation accordingly.
- Make the audience believe in your brand as an ideal fit for their requirement.
- Convince the prospect to invest in your products.
Best Practices that Can Make Lead Generation Funnel Work
This can be achieved through:
- Search engine optimization (SEO)
- Email marketing
- Social media outreach
- Content marketing and advertising
- Telemarketing efforts
Facts to Know: For every $92 spent in acquiring customers, only $1 is spent on their conversion. (Source: Econsultancy)
Collate Detailed Prospect Info
Get complete details about your prospect from database providers including:
- Full name
- Email and postal address
- Phone and fax numbers
- SIC codes and more
Engage with Targeted Leads
To engage, use relevant content and multiple channels as:
Webinars and events
e-books and whitepapers
Facts to Know: Nurtured leads make 50% more sales at a cost 33% less compared to non-nurtured leads. (Source: Strategic IC)
Analyze Lead Potential
This can be done by:
- Monitoring the source from where leads came
- Tracking behavior of prospects
- Understanding audience demographics
Market to Interested Prospects
- Market to leads who are most likely to buy.
- Run personalized and targeted marketing campaigns
- Address customer concern with relevant product.
Create Brand Advocates
- Provide excellent customer experience to win the trust
- Make customers fan by offering best quality products
- Ask them to write positive brand reviews and referrals to spread the word.