- Aug 12, 2022
Healthcare unicorns are on the rise and constantly seeking new technology advancements to establish their relevance in the market. From drug research to lifestyle help, healthcare has seen an exponential rise in the number of start-ups.
These start-ups also have a high rate of success and make enormous profits. Healthcare Unicorn CEOs make massive gains, and many have become billionaires. Here is a list of CEOs from the industry who are now billionaires.
1. Ed Park
- Company: Devoted Health
- Age: 52 years (1970 born)
- Net worth: $1.9 billion
- Company evaluation: $12.7 billion
- In operation since: 2012
- Devoted Health aims to make healthcare more accessible and more affordable. With medicare kits and reliable healthcare providers, the company makes patients the top priority.
- Ed Park is a Harvard alumnus and has worked as a healthcare entrepreneur since 2017. He is dedicated to his cause and aims to bring affordable health care to everyone.
- He was previously on the Board of Directors for Athena Health.
- Website: www.devoted.com
2. Eric Lefkofsky
- Company: Tempus
- Age: 53 years (Born 1969)
- Net worth: $4.1 billion
- Company evaluation: $8 billion
- In operation since: 2015
- Tempus integrates AI technology to find effective cancer treatments. They also provide tests and help biotech companies in drug development. Their data helps professionals make more informed medical decisions.
- Lefkofsky grew up in a Jewish household and attended the University of Michigan Law School. His entrepreneurial ventures began soon after schooling. From clothing shops to Unicorn start-ups, he has come a long way.
- He is also well known for his philanthropy efforts alongside his wife, Liz.
- Website: www.tempus.com
3. Osam Kibar
- Company: Biosplice Therapeutics
- Age: 48 years (1974 born)
- Net worth: $2.9 billion
- Company evaluation: $12.4 billion
- In operation since: 2008
- Biosplice Therapeutics aims to restore health by harnessing alternative splicing and offering therapy. Their primary focus is on patients suffering from osteoarthritis with no drug medication available.
- Osam Kibar is originally from Izmir, Turkey. He moved to the United States to study economics at Ponoma College and electrical engineering at Caltech. He later did a Ph.D. in biophotonics.
- In the late 1990s, Kibar developed a system to diagnose cancer. Since then, he has worked in healthcare development and looking for new technologies.
- He is also a successful poker player.
- Website: www.biosplice.com
4. David Dean Halbert
- Company: Caris Life Sciences
- Age: 66 years (1956 born)
- Net worth: $2.2 billion
- Company evaluation: $7.83 billion
- In operation since: 2008
- Caris Life Sciences aims to revolutionize cancer care. They are developing molecular profiling techniques to help cancer patients.
- With over 40 years of experience, Halbert is among the most successful entrepreneurs in the United States. He has worked in various healthcare management and development fields and is currently the CEO of Caris Life Sciences.
- Website: www.carislifesciences.com