Even in this age of social networking sites, email marketing continues to hold its supremacy as the most effective channel for business communication. Especially in the B2B space, emails are a widely used and preferred mode of contact for professionals across various industries of different specializations.
Email Marketing Stats to Consider – (Source: WordStream)
- It is said that the number of email users is likely to reach 2.9 billion by 2019.
- Before 2020, the number of emails sent per day is expected to reach 246 billion.
- Email marketing helps generate 4400% ROI for every $1 spent which stands for $44.
- More than 59% of B2B marketers say email is the most efficient channel to generate revenue.
- A well-segmented email can generate 14.32% of the open rate which is higher than non-segmented ones.
- B2B email campaigns have 47% CTR which is more than the B2C campaigns.
- Even 73% of millennials today prefer emails as their mode for business communication.
Email Marketing Metrics to Measure Performance
- Conversion Rate
- Open Rate
Email Marketing in Healthcare
Today, the healthcare industry has turned into a digital platform for innovation. Even in the marketing field, the transformation in strategy and approach has changed a lot due to the intervention of social media and of course email marketing.
Healthcare marketers are increasingly using emails to communicate with patients as well as healthcare practitioners. As an effective marketing tool, emails are helping build a strong relationship between patients and healthcare services as well.
Types of Emails Your Healthcare Practice Can Send
- Promotional emails to market medical supplies and services
- Launch emails to announce new products or services
- Welcome email to embrace the new customer
- Thank you email to say thanks for trusting your brand
- Offer email to inform about exclusive deals
- Survey email to know customer preferences and needs
- Feedback or review email to measure performance
- Newsletter email for staying in touch
Best Day and Time to Send Emails to Your Healthcare Customers
Day – Tuesday is the best day for high open rate.
Time – 10 a.m. and from 8 p.m. to 10 p.m.
Best Practices for Effective Healthcare Email Marketing
- Know your targeted customers well.
- Invest in an accurate and verified email list from reliable providers.
- Personalize your email campaigns according to a specific customer profile.
- Create a catchy and engaging subject line for your emails.
- Address email in the customer’s name and don’t use generic terms.
- Clearly mention CTA and subscriptions buttons in the email.
- Review your email content, format and images before sending.
- Schedule emails according to the best day and time.
- Prepare email calendar to avoid crowding customer inboxes.
- Include easy opt-out option in your emails as well.
- Create unique and relevant content that readers want to read.
- Include Alt images, text and buttons in your emails.
- Encourage sharing by including social media buttons.
- Make sure to optimize your emails for mobile devices.
- Keep your emails simple but attractive.
- Automate email marketing according to time, subject and other variables.
- Do run A/B testing to check for any kind of error.
- Deliver value to subscribers by sharing useful and informative content.
- Always test your email strategy prior to the final call.
- Measure, review and monitor your email metrics.
Why Say Yes to Email Communication for Your Healthcare Business?
- To expand customer reach and generate increased leads.
- To better engage with the customer via one-to-one communication.
- Boost sales by sending the right email to the right audience.
- Drive 6x more conversions through email campaigns.
- Send personalized emails for increased responses.
- Emails are less costly as compared to traditional marketing channels.
- Get better ROI with every dollar spent.
- Track performance to learn from mistakes and improve.
How to Get Started with Your Healthcare Email Campaigns?
- Know your customers and identify your niche.
- Buy an email list from a reputed company.
- Build your unique email strategy.
- Follow the best email practices as mentioned above.