Every year Becker’s Healthcare comes up with the latest healthcare industry-specific legal and business news and findings through its five publications. Recently, the company has come up with other crucial findings in its Hospital review publication which highlights the top healthcare places that are best to work in 2018. Their research takes into consideration health systems, hospitals, and healthcare companies. The list they have prepared is a result of thorough editorial research and nominations, and there is no way that organizations could enter the list by any other means. With the publication of this list, the company attempts at throwing better light on the current functioning of the health systems and the status of workers.
There were various factors based on which healthcare organizations were judged. All the companies who could make it to the list have shown potentiality for a better work environment. Some members of the list offer health benefits and wellness programs to employees. There are also a few who helps employees build successful careers, encouraging both professional and personal development. From lucrative salary to additional benefits like vacation packages, employee recognition programs, the members of the list are found to make every effort required to ensure proper employee engagement and growth within the workforce.
The list comprises 150 top places across various departments and specializations within the healthcare industry. The members are divided into various groups and listed in their category. The healthcare organizations are listed according to medical groups, health systems, placement & management, consulting, healthcare staffing, service providers and suppliers, and others.
Here is the list of 50 medical groups, hospitals, and health systems out of the overall 150 places that happens to be the best place to work in the year 2018 as listed by Becker’s Healthcare:
Adventist Health System (Altamonte Springs, Fla.)
- More than 80,000 employees
- Promotes personal, professional and spiritual growth
- The receiver of Orlando Business Journal’s Corporate Philanthropy Award in 2017
- Offers employees benefits like wellness programs, global mission trips, and incentives for maintaining a healthy lifestyle.
Advocate Health Care (Downers Grove, Ill.)
- Chicagoland’s largest employers with more than 35,000 associates which includes11, 000 nurses and nearly 6,300 affiliated physicians.
- Two times named among the Best Places to Work in Illinois
- Offers free financial planning services and wellness initiatives like online health assessments, meal discounts, screenings, cash raffles up to $5,000 and incentives up to $600.
Anna Jaques Hospital (Newburyport, Mass.)
- A non-profit community hospital based in Massachusetts
- Offers up to $2,000 to employees as incentives for maintaining their health
- Provides on-site BSN program to help RNs
- Named thrice by Boston Business Journal as the best place to work
Atlantic Health System (Morristown, N.J.)
- A non-profit health system with over 16,000 team members across northern New Jersey
- Was listed in Fortune’s 100 Best Companies to Work For from 2010-17
- Offers financial incentives for a healthy lifestyle, tuition reimbursement, on-site childcare, and discounts to cell phone carriers and retailers.
Atrium Health (Charlotte, N.C.)
- Employs more than 900 care facilities across the Carolinas
- Included in the list of top 20 Best Places to Work in Healthcare by Fortune
- Included in America’s Best Employers List by Forbes in 2015
- Offers benefits, wellness programs, fitness classes, and incentives to encourage healthy habits.
Bailey Medical Center (Owasso, Okla.)
- A 73-bed acute care hospital
- Four times winner of Ardent Healthcare’s Ardent Cup as an outstanding facility
- Earned a five-star CMS rating
- Offer benefits like coverage of up to $2,500 in weight loss surgery, free health screening annually, health advocate program to help employees and their families navigate resolve medical claims issues, elder care services, and more.
BayCare Health System (Clearwater, Fla.)
- Listed as one of the country’s Best Workplace in Healthcare by Fortune
- The receiver of Best Workplace for Millennials and for women award
- Tampa Bay also named BayCare as a top workplace
- Spends in community benefits like personal training services, child care and also pet services
- Offers increased wage and other benefits leading to positive employee retention
Baylor Jack and Jane Hamilton Heart and Vascular Hospital (Dallas)
- Specializes in cardiovascular diseases and research
- Offers work-life balance benefits such as emergency travel assistance and discounts, a wellness program for employee and spouse, performance awards, and others.
Baylor Scott & White Health (Dallas)
- The health system has 48 hospitals with more than 1,000 patient care sites
- There are more than 5,500 physicians and 44,000 employees.
- Four of its hospitals are nationally ranked and13 hospitals in total ranked by U.S. News & World Report.
- Honored by Forbes and other lists for its workplace culture
- Offers on-site childcare, adoption assistance, and volunteer relief programs
Beaumont Health (Southfield, Mich.)
- The largest healthcare system in Michigan with nearly 5,000 physicians and more than 38,000 employees
- The health system has eight hospitals and168 outpatient sites
- Takes employee recommendations to create benefit and retirement packages
The other 40 places of the top 50 list include:
- Benefis Health System (Great Falls, Mont.)
- Boca Raton (Fla.) Regional Hospital
- Bon Secours Health System (Marriotsville, Md.)
- Boone County Health Center (Albion, Neb.)
- Boston Medical Center
- Brigham Health (Boston)
- Cabell Huntington Hospital (Huntington, W.Va.)
- Campbell County Health (Gillette, Wyo.)
- Carilion Clinic (Roanoke, Va.)
- Catholic Health Initiatives (Englewood, Colo.)
- Central Florida Health (Leesburg, Fla.)
- Children’s Health (Dallas)
- Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta
- Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia
- Christ Hospital Health Network (Cincinnati)
- Cleveland Clinic
- Community Hospital Corporation (Plano, Texas)
- Confluence Health (Wenatchee, Wash.)
- Covenant Health (Knoxville, Tenn.)
- Dignity Health (San Francisco)
- Eskenazi Health (Indianapolis)
- EvergreenHealth (Kirkland, Wash.)
- Franklin County Medical Center (Preston, Idaho)
- Geisinger Health System (Danville, Pa.)
- Great Plains Health (North Platte, Neb.)
- Gundersen Health System (La Crosse, Wis.)
- Hackensack Meridian Health (Edison, N.J.)
- Halifax Health (Daytona Beach, Fla.)
- Hillcrest Hospital South (Tulsa, Okla.)
- Holston Medical Group (Kingsport, Tenn.)
Organizations who have in real terms given their best over the years in ensuring a better work life for its employees were the ones who could make it to the list.
If you want to about other places in various departments within the healthcare industry, then visit their website for detailed analysis and understanding.
Remember, employees, are the backbone of an organization be it in any sector. A happy worker will yield better performance and generate more profit than the unhappy ones. So, put employee health as a priority and make every effort necessary to offer them a friendly, progressive, and comfortable workplace.