The ongoing COVID-19 vaccination drive in the USA is going on a mass level since the FDA has granted permission to use certain authorized vaccines on December 10, 2020. The mass vaccination in the USA was started on December 14, 2020. With many pharmacy companies starting production of the corona virus vaccination after authorization, the supplies of vaccination have increased and so is the goal to vaccinate the maximum number of adults. Here are the statistics that will reveal everything you need to know about the COVID-19 Vaccine drive in the USA.
- The biggest COVID-19 vaccination is organized by the Center for Disease Control and Prevention in the USA wherein the hospital workers and nursing home staff are the first to get the vaccination.
- The FDA has authorized Pfizer-BioNTech, Moderna and Johnson & Johnson for the COVID-19 vaccine.
- In the USA, the population aged 16 years and older are eligible for COVID-19 vaccination.
- The recent development authorised by FDA approved the Pfizer vaccine for teenagers aged 12 to 15 years.
- As of 24 May 2021, a number of 33,295,239 people have got only one dose of Vaccination that amounts to 10.02% of the population of the USA.
- About 130,014,175 adults have received both doses of vaccination. That makes for 28.4Cr doses of vaccination given to 39.12% of the population of the USA.
- The goal was to reach 200 million shots of vaccination to be given in 100 days from March 25, 2021, and this goal was achieved on April 21, 2021.
- The current goal is to vaccinate 70% of the US adults’ population by July 4, 2021.
- About 50.86% of the population is not yet vaccinated which makes for about 169.0 million populations.