The holiday season in the United States begins with the celebration of Thanksgiving Day. Soon, the celebration turns into a four-day-long shopping event in the next 24-hours of Thanksgiving with the arrival of Black Friday followed by a weekend, ending on Cyber Monday. These shopping holidays push sales for both retail and online stores considerably, encouraging more and more businesses to invest in holiday campaigns.
Even in the healthcare space, marketers started engaging and attracting prospects with seasonal campaigns on occasions like Black Friday and others. With a robust marketing strategy and customer-centric approach, businesses are making every effort to get noticed in the festive crowd.
Why Thanksgiving, Black Friday, and Cyber Monday is Important for Marketers?
As per 2018’s holiday season performance during Thanksgiving, Cyber Monday and Black Friday, here are some of the statistics that will motivate marketers in their 2019 festive campaigns:
- Cyber Monday was the day that witnessed the most profitable spending in history, with $7.87 billion in sales in 2018.
- More than 1.65 million did shop over the five-day Thanksgiving period last year.
- In 2018, online sales on Black Friday was worth $6.2 billion, whereas sales on Thanksgiving Day was $3.7 billion.
- It is expected that the holiday season in 2019 will boost sales up to$1.035 trillion, a growth of 3.7%.
- The sales period between Thanksgiving Day and Cyber Monday accounted for for$24.2 billion in sales, helping merchants earn $100 billion 11 days earlier than in 2017.
Holiday Season Conversion Rate for Online Channels-
- Email Conversions: 4.29%
- Organic Search: 3.04%
- Direct Sales: 2.93%
- Social Media: 1.81%
Strategies to Scale-up Your Marketing Efforts During Holiday Season
Don’t Wait, Start Early
- Every business will get involved, so be the first with your holiday campaigns.
- Ask your team to launch seasonal advertisements and offers ahead of time.
- For the winter holiday season, launch holiday campaigns in August or September.
Run Holiday-Themed Email Marketing Campaigns
- Make use of festive email templates for campaigns during Thanksgiving, Black Friday, and other occasions.
- Your holiday campaigns should include sales, promotions, or seasonal product offers.
- Send reminder emails to re-inform customers about the ongoing deal a few days before the Black Friday or Cyber Monday.
- Use attention-grabbing email subject lines to get noticed and opened by targeted prospects.
- Schedule your emails at the right when email users are most likely to view and engage.
- Segment your audience and accordingly create separate email campaigns for existing and potential customers.
Set Countdown Timers
- Send promotional campaigns emphasizing the limited period holiday season offer.
- Include a timer on your website banner highlighting when the sale starts and ends.
- Add timer countdown section on the brand’s social media page create hype about the sale.
Optimize Social Media for Holiday Marketing
- Use social media to spread the reach of your holiday campaigns.
- Run Thanksgiving or Black Friday themed contests, quiz or giveaways on social channels.
- Schedule your posts when social media traffic is on the peak.
- Respond to customer queries and concerns on your holiday posts on time.
- Make proper use of hashtags like #Blackfriday, #Thanksgiving, and #Cybermonday on platforms like Instagram and Twitter.
Invest in Festive Marketing Ads
- As per your healthcare product type, invest in festive-themed paid advertising.
- Take the help of Google’s pay-per-click (PPC) ads to run festive season special campaigns.
- Make sure your ad copy has a holiday touch to create the festive ambiance.
- Paid ads can be run on various social media platforms like Facebook, Twitter, etc. as well.
Offer Hourly Deals and Free Gifts
- Provide exclusive deals on specific products every hour for a certain period during the day of Thanksgiving.
- You can offer discount vouchers, free gifts, and coupons to loyal customers during the holiday season.
- Create urgency with the announcement of a limited period offers to new and old customers.
Reflect Holiday Spirit with Video Marketing
- Develop videos on ‘health tips for holiday season’ and similar other related health topics.
- Share your special holiday-specific videos on YouTube, Instagram, and other social media profiles.
- Add videos to your holiday email campaigns to attract attention and engage the audience.
Ensure that your video content is informative and highlights the features and uses of your products.